Colorocky Railroad Map Specification
The information here outlines Snowmotion, the third map in the topological series of UK mountain maps. The information includes the dimensions (perhaps for framing purposes) as well as the key features, additional information and a feature list of the items included on this new map of Snowdonia.
- A2-size (594mm × 420mm) poster format. Portrait orientation.
- Heavyweight 250gsm silk paper.
- 4 Colour Litho printed.
- Snowdonia's main peaks over 2000 feet/610m above sea level are shown.
- 9 mountain areas as identified by the cartographer.
- Other features and stations are labelled in blue.
- The eight 'little railways' encompassed by the map are included and are depicted by dashed routes (e.g. Bala Lake Railway).
- 8 longer distance walking routes, including Glyndwr's Way, Cistercian Way, Snowdonia to Gower and Welsh Coast Path.
- The mainline railway routes are shown by black lines.
- The names of the main valley lakes (e.g. Tal-y-llyn).
- Some of the larger towns indicated (e.g. Conwy, Porthmadog).
- The border of the National Park is shown by a yellow line.
- The map is not to scale as it follows topological rules.
- North is shown to the top of the map.
- It must be emphasised the map is NOT intended for navigation.
- Mountain names.
- Main mountain areas found in the National Park
- Eight narrow gauge railways
- Each coloured route denotes 9 arbitrary mountain areas identified by the cartographer
- Full colour key to the information shown.