Tubular Fells Map Specification
The information here gives a resumé of the map including the specification (perhaps for framing purposes) as well as the key features, additional information and a feature list of the items included on Tubular Fells.
- A2-size (594mm × 420mm) poster format.
- Heavyweight 200gsm paper.
- 4 Colour Litho printed.
- Printed in Cumbria.
- Alfred Wainwright's '214' fells are all labelled on the map.
- Other features are labelled in navy blue.
- Each of the seven coloured lines corresponds to the 7 pictorial guides and each colour corresponds to the dust jackets used in the present guides published by Frances Lincoln.
- Three major long distance walking routes are included with the Coast to Coast, The Dalesway and Cumbria Way all featured.
- The Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway or La'al Ratty, is also featured (Alfred Wainwright compiled a short 32 page guide entitled 'Walks from Ratty' which is still published by the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway to this day - see right).
- The names of Lakeland's 17 main glacial, valley lakes.
- Some of the larger towns indicated (e.g. Keswick, Ambleside).
- Boat services are shown on relevant lakes.
- The map is not to scale as it follows topological rules, although north is shown to the top of the map as is commonly usual.
- It must be emphasised the map is NOT intended for navigation.
- Fell names.
- All of Alfred Wainwright's '214' fells.
- Lake boat services.
- Each coloured route denotes the 7 Pictorial Guides to the Lakeland Fells by AW.
- Full colour key to the information shown.